2100 Riverchase Center
MailChimp is one of the premiere providers of bulk email services on the Web. Used by more than 2.5 million people, MailChimp provides world-class service while offering some of the most competitive prices in the industry. Why do we believe in MailChimp? Because we're a satisfied customer.
Smaller organizations may never need more than MailChimp's Forever Free plan. Offering up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month, MailChimp's Forever Free plan is one of the rare instances in life when something that seems too good to be true really is.
If you need to send more than 12,000 emails per month, MailChimp has monthly plans starting at $10.
Creating a MailChimp Account
To create your own MailChimp account:
- Go to MailChimp.com
- Click the "Sign Up Free" button.
- Email field, enter a corporate (rather than personal) email address;
- Username field, we recommend using some form of your corporate name;
- Password field, enter a strong password.
- Click the "Create My Account" button.
- Follow the remaining instructions from MailChimp to complete your account set up.
Verify Your Domain
Before you send email from an address, you need to verify the domain from which the email will be sent. This process must be completed for each email domain from which email will be sent. For example, if a volunteer with a gmail.com email address tries to send a campaign through MailChimp, the system will check to see if the gmail.com domain has been verified before sending the campaign. Domains only have to be verified once.
- Make sure you are signed in to your account at MailChimp.com.
- From the MailChimp dashboard, choose "Account" from the tool bar.
- Under the "My Account" section, choose "Verified Domains."
- On the Verify Domains screen, choose the "Verify An Email Domain" button.
- Enter an email address from which you plan to send email and click the "Send Verification Email" button.
- Follow the instructions in the verification email to complete the verification process.
Adding a List
Once you have created an account and verified your domains, the last thing you have to do is create a list named "Thrive" so that you can send emails using your MailChimp account.
- Make sure you are signed in to your account at MailChimp.com;
- From the MailChimp dashboard, choose the "Create a List" button;
- List Name field, enter Thrive (be sure to capitalize the "T");
- Default From Name field, we recommend entering your organization's name;
- Default Reply-To Email field, we recommend entering a corporate email address;
- Default Subject field, we don't have any recommendations;
Remind People How They Got on Your List field, we recommend something similar to:
"You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website."
- Be sure your contact information is correct;
- If you want to receive notifications when campaigns are sent through Thrive, select the checkbox next to the appropriate notification settings;
- Email Format section, we recommend leaving the People Can Pick Email Format unchecked.